Tuesday, September 27, 2011

SCOM Zombie PSA#23: SCOM Resource MP

 

In my environment where I work, I provide the System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 to hundreds of system administrators and system engineers so that  they can manage and monitor more than four thousand servers, and we are still growing in monitoring each day.

The challenge is trying to get people to use the System Center Operations Manager console in our environment to monitor their systems instead of waiting until someone reports an outage and then after they all want to play the blame game. when all they needed was to have the console open and performed some monitoring.

So what if I could intergrade as much resources as I could incorporate into the SCOM console? Its Worth a thought, but this is what I have done so far to test the idea. This MP is nothing complicated of course but it is a thought I wanted to through out there, and maybe provide something on hand for other SCOM admins.

Now of course my working environment doesn’t have access to the internet, but for those of you that do have access to the internet enjoy.

Please provide feedback, that is always nice.

download: HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment