Monday, December 5, 2011

SCOM Zombie PSA#28: Windows Server Operating System Management Pack v6.0.6958.0 (BUGGY)


Last week I deployed this management pack into my lab OM07, fresh system with  no other management pack really on it. The odd thing was that the event logs was kicking out an event of 31565 about every ten minutes. My active alert, may or may not kick out an alert; it did generate an alert about every 6 hours or so.
Here is what I gotten in my event logs and eventfully the alert itself.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description:
Failed to deploy Data Warehouse component. The operation will be retried. Exception 'DeploymentException': Failed to perform Data Warehouse component deployment operation: Install; Component: Script, Id: '3a49a530-26a2-c525-35fe-69df5898f150', Management Pack Version-dependent Id: 'dbf18271-9643-32ff-4849-00d79d9e2a9d'; Target: Database, Server name: 'XXXXXX', Database name: 'OperationsManagerDW'. Batch ordinal: 1; Exception: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'with'. If this statement is a common table expression or an xmlnamespaces clause, the previous statement must be terminated with a semicolon.
Incorrect syntax near ','.
Incorrect syntax near ','.
Incorrect syntax near ','.
Incorrect syntax near ','.
Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'ELSE'.

One or more workflows were affected by this.

Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Deployment.Component
Instance name: xxxxx.xxxx.xxx
Instance ID: {4836F627-4378-5EDF-0DE7-97DAE0A2C939}
Management group: LAB
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found a couple of things on the web that suggested to do the following:
  • I tried to do a repair on the for the Reporting Data Warehouse
  • I restarted the services for SQL and OpsMgr
  • Verified nothing new was installed on my server since I noticed the issue
What worked, came from a friend of mine that suggested the Management Pack was buggy and not my system. So I removed the newest management pack from my system, and then deployed the older version I had. It appears to be working right now.  Have not seen anything from it in a while.
  • The final fix was to remove the management pack and revert to the old one.
I would love to know if other experienced this and if they knew any other working alternatives that may be an option.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


UPDATED INFORMATION:

There is another resolution I am told by a SCOM PFE that you can just uninstall the "Windows Server Operating System Reports" Management Pack. What this resolves is the two reports that only work on SQL 2008.

Bob Cornelissen & Marnix Wolf had blogged about this a while back and are requesting a better management pack.

But I’ve ran into another problem in a few production systems where removing the management pack was not an option. So the only option I was able to do at the time was turning this alert off via the overrides.

2 comments:

  1. What’s Going down i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It absolutely useful and it has aided me out loads. I am hoping to contribute & aid other users like its aided me. Great job.
    My site ; unlock root

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I've moved on with Microsoft doing the SCOM. The blog is not dead, just in a pause form until I a few things rolling again.

      Delete