Thursday, July 28, 2011

SCOM Zombie PSA#13: Zombie Instructions: Installing SQL 2008 R2

 

  • I am not a SQL expert, but this the process that I used to establish my Operations Manager 2012 Beta.
  • Launch the setup.exe as administrator
  • I always like to do checks first to verify that I do not run into problems during the installations so on the SQL Server Installation Center click on Tools & run the System Configurations Checker. If you failed any of the requirements, take care of them now & then come back.
  • Installation select New installation or add features to an existing installation.
  • The system will first validate the installation process. If you have any errors, correct them first before moving on

image

  • The next screen that will appear is the Product Key. Apply the key and move on.
  • Once you decide accept and agree to the License Terms and select Next to move on.
  • On the Support File window select the Install button. The setup will install the Setup Support Files. The window may disappear for a second or two

image

  • The warning that I get is because the firewall is turned on. However Since I’ve applied my firewall settings via my Domain Policy, I should be good.

image

  • I have select SQL Server Feature Installation for Operations Manager 2012.

image

  • I am choosing everything for now. I did change the default location since I do not want this installed on my C drive.

image

  • Everything passed or skipped. verify that everything is correct, resolve any errors and then re-run the test.

image

  • I changed the directory once again, and placed it somewhere else other than the C Drive.

image

  • Disk Space validated

image

  • Established NT Authority/Network Service as a default right now.

image

  • I ended up adding my user account to the administrators.

image

image

  • I’ve added my action and sdk service & my user account.

image

  • Default configurations for the Reporting services

image

  • Next

image

  • Installation Configuration Rules verifications. Again, correct any issues.

image

  • Ready to Install now, the only thing that I was not able  to modify was this part since I do not want anything installed on the C Drive. But no option for me to modify this.

image

  • SQL Server is not being installed.

image

  • & Done

image

No comments:

Post a Comment