Thursday, July 28, 2011

SCOM Zombie PSA#14: Deploying OpsMgr 2012 Beta Attempt # ONE!



  • This is my first attempt installing Operations Manager 2012 Beta. I have all my pre-requisite completed. Now lets launch this installation application.
  • I have to say it was so much more easier to install than 2007 R2. Bravo Microsoft.
image
  • Legal License read and checked
image
  • I want to install it all
image
  • Expand each of the items to read up on what it is you’re installing and any requirements that are needed.
image
  • another screen shot expanded on the funtions
image
  • Since I do not install applications on my OS drive, I have established a number of drives that I will use.
image
  • The first time I ran this, the system identified that my server needed to reboot. I rebooted and ran the setup again.
image
  • Simple enough,
image
  • Applied my server name, and since I am using the default instance, it was smart enough to verify it.
  • Changed my drive locations for the database and log files for the Operational Database.
image
  • Isn’t this special, I’ve done the same thing for the Data Warehouse. I’ve notice that there is also an option to either create a new database or use one from another management group.
image
  • I wanted to show this screen, since I encountered it during my first attempt. If you hover your rat over the red X, it will inform you what is broken. Resolve it and try again.
image
  • Once I started my SQL Server Agent service,I re-ran this again and passed.
image
  • Default is fine for my environment.
image
  • This installation I used the default, but choose what you’re requirements call for.
image
  • Make sure you expand on these and apply your accounts and passwords.
image
  • Because I am “Pro Support”, why not?
image
  • Final step, a summary of what is going to be installed, verify and correct if you goofed somewhere.
image
  • And Go!
image
  • Done, Duh!
image
  • And GO!
image
  • Not too many things are popping out at me during my first look except these. Or at least I don’t recall seeing them in 2007 R2
  • Administrator > Resource Pools
  • Administrator > Run As Configurations > UNIX/Linux Accounts
  • Monitoring > New View
  • the blasted Default Management Pack seems to be gone from the View, as it was report at MMS2011. BUT it is still in the Management Packs.
  • Now it’s time to play

No comments:

Post a Comment