Friday, July 29, 2011

SCOM Zombie PSA#20: Web Console: HTTP Error 404.2 – Not Found

 

I’ve encountered this issue this afternoon, after re-building my OpsMgr2012. From my computer I received this “404 – File or Directory not found”.  image

I tried to verify this from my server, which I showed a different error, just more details. Nothing populated into my event logs on either system.

image

What I really liked about getting this error was that It showed me how helpful the application is. The error populated a lot of information about causes, path that failed and some resolutions etc.It allow me to link Microsoft support site directly through the web console, where I was able to gather the resolution for the 404.2 error.

image

Nothing difficult, just something I thought was neat.

image

Made the changes, verified my work, tested and Bingo! working on both of my systems. I also verified the reporting as well just in case I broke something else.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment