Thursday, July 28, 2011

SCOM Zombie PSA#16: Server Error in '/' Application

 

As I monitored my OpsMgr console, I notice my Operations Web Console suddenly became unavailable. So I fired up the web console and received this error along with some details.

Details:

Could not load type 'System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpModule' from assembly 'System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

Resolution:

I came across Bruno Wouters post helping other with the exact same issue. The only difference was that I was running this in OpsMgr 2012.

use the ASP.NET IIS Registration Tool or ASP.NET Side-by-Side Overview and execute the “aspnet_regiis.exe –iru” utilizing the command prompt as an administrator and navagete to the systemroot\Microsoft.NET\Framework\versionNumber

After I completed that, my web console was back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment